2017 Honda VFR1200X
Stock Image: DCT ABS Model Shown
Adventure starts here.
You know where adventures start? From right where you’re standing—or more likely, sitting. Sure, some folks jet over to Everest or Antarctica for the weekend. But the real adventurers know that you can find excitement right in your own backyard—or a backyard one or two states over. Especially if you’re on a motorcycle. And especially if that bike happens to be a Honda VFR1200X.
The VFR1200X is built for people who know adventure isn’t someplace you go, it’s what you do getting there. It’s an excellent machine for exploring the world around you, and doing it in comfort, confidence, and style. Sporty, athletic, nimble enough for around-town cruising or tight winding back roads, it’s also big enough to reel in those highway miles, and see the Statue of Liberty, Mount Rushmore, and the Alamo all in the same trip.
And the VFR1200X is loaded with features too—the most important being its 1237cc V4 engine and choice of six-speed transmissions. Best of all, we’re offering a ton of accessories, so you can fine-tune it to how you want to ride.
Where will a 2017 Honda VFR1200X take you? Wherever adventure calls.
V4 Power: The VFR1200X’s V4 isn’t just another engine—it’s a spectacular example of motorcycling’s best. Case in point: the two rear cylinders are closer together than the front two, making the engine narrower where your legs are. Smart engineering!
Two Transmission Choices: Take your pick between a conventional six-speed manual transmission or our third-generation automatic DCT: six speeds, push-button shifting, your choice of shift modes.
Shaft Final Drive: Clean, efficient, proven, low-maintenance. Shaft final drive is the perfect choice on a top-of-the-line machine like the VFR1200X.
One-Hand Adjustable Windscreen: One size doesn’t fit all—and neither does one windscreen. Adjusting the VFR1200X’s windscreen only takes one hand and a couple of seconds.
Selectable Shift Modes: When you choose the Automatic DCT model, you can scroll between standard “D” mode, three sport modes, and even the option to “manually” shift up or down with the handlebar-mounted buttons.
- 1237cc V4 Engine: Drawing on 30 years of V4 technology and racing success, Honda designers gave the VFR1200X what is one of our most advanced streetbike engines yet: a fuel-injected, liquid-cooled 1237cc, 76-degree V-4 brimming with low-end torque.
- Transmission Choices: You can choose between a conventional six-speed manual transmission or our latest, third-generation Honda Automatic DCT transmission. With the DCT, you upshift or downshift with a pair of paddle-style buttons, or you can let the gearbox shift for itself.
- Selectable Torque Control: Honda's Selectable Torque Control system (HSTC) is designed to help riders adapt to multiple traction conditions. With the push of a button the VFR1200X's (HSTC) lets you choose from three levels of engine-torque. The system can also be turned off according to rider preference. Available on both manual-transmission and Automatic DCT versions of the VFR1200X.
- 43mm Inverted Fork: Who knows where you’ll be riding, but the VFR1200X’s suspension is up to the job. The 43mm KYB fork is adjustable for spring preload as well as rebound damping, and is plenty stiff for steering precision.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: The KYB shock on the VFR1200X’s rear suspension is adjustable for rebound damping and features a convenient no-tool preload adjuster making it easy to fine-tune the ride for varying loads.
- One-Hand Adjustable Windscreen: It couldn’t be easier to adjust the new VFR1200X’s windscreen. One hand and a couple of seconds is all you’ll need. The range adjusts over three inches from high to low.
- Shaft Final Drive: Tough, durable, silent, clean, and low-maintenance, the VFR1200X’s shaft final drive is exactly what you want in a bike designed to turn out some serious miles.
- Single-Sided Swingarm: The final-drive assembly runs right through the single-sided aluminum swingarm housing, making rear-wheel removal a snap.
- Spoked Wheels: With a 17-inch rear and a 19-inch front, the VFR1200X’s wheels are built to handle the rigors of gnarly pavement or dirt/gravel roads.
- Dual Front Discs: The twin front brakes use huge 310mm discs for plenty of fade-free stopping power. Combined ABS is a standard feature.
- Accessory Socket: Need to charge your phone, run a GPS, or any other electrical accessory? This handy outlet makes it a cinch.
- Aluminum Frame: The VFR1200X’s twin-spar aluminum frame members are fine-tuned to offer very precise control over weight and rigidity, and form the foundation of the bike’s stellar handling.
- Engine Type: 1237cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke Unicam 16-valve 76 deg. V4
- Bore And Stroke: 81 x 60
- Induction: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Ignition: Electric
- Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Final Drive: Enclosed Shaft
- Front Suspension: 43 mm inverted telescopic forks with hydraulic damping, preload and rebound damping adjustment
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® with gas-charged damper, preload and stepless rebound damping adjustment
- Front Brake: Dual 310 mm discs, Combined ABS
- Rear Brake: Single 276 mm disc, Combined ABS
- Front Tire: 110/80-R19
- Rear Tire: 150/70-R17
- Rake: 28.0 deg.
- Trail: 107 mm
- Wheelbase: 62.8 in.
- Seat Height: 33.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 5.68 gal.
- Model ID: VFR1200X
- Available Colors: Candy Red
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA standards.
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke Unicam 16-valve 76 deg. V4
- Bore and Stroke
- 81 x 60 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Final Drive
- Enclosed Shaft
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm inverted telescopic forks with hydraulic damping, preload and rebound damping adjustment
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® with gas-charged damper, preload and stepless rebound damping adjustment
- Front Brakes
- Dual 310 mm discs, Combined ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 276 mm disc, Combined ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 62.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 33.5 in.
- 28.0 deg.
- 107 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.68 gal.
- Candy Red
- One Year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.